Full Time | 12 month contract position with possibility of extension
Support the implementation of the National Epilepsy Support Service (NESS) Program. Full time 12 month contract position with possibility of extension. Shift work and Saturdays for some shifts with potential extension to Sundays as service develops.
People with epilepsy have equitable access to education and employment, feel safe and connected in their community and no longer die from their epilepsy.
Reduce the impact of epilepsy on people’s lives.
- Location: Surrey Hills, Melbourne. Working From Home policies currently apply and the successful applicant will receive appropriate supports and equipment to enable them to work from home
- Exciting opportunity to join a large project to create transformational change in the services and supports available to Australian people living with epilepsy
The purpose of this role is to support the implementation of the National Epilepsy Support Service (NESS) Program. The NESS Worker has responsibility for delivery of information, initial support and other related services to individuals and families living with epilepsy, sector staff and general enquiries. In particular this role has the following key duties to perform:
- Respond to requests for information and general enquiries through the National Epilepsy Support Service (NESS) – utilising up to date information and best practice guidelines where available.
- Refer more complex matters to Service Delivery Partners, Epilepsy Support Workers (ESW), Education and Training staff and other agencies as required
- Develop and maintain accurate client information, service provider details and referral pathways.
The successful applicant must complete safety checks including: National Police Certificate, Working With Children/Vulnerable People Check and Disability Workers Exclusion Scheme “clear” rating before commencing employment.
How to apply:
- View the position description here.
- Send your application, addressing the Position Competencies/Selection Criteria together with a covering letter to: Rheana Nation email: email@example.com
Shortlisting will occur as applications are received and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. The Epilepsy Foundation reserves the right to close this role to new applications prior to the closing date if a suitable candidate is identified.
Applications must be received by 11.59pm Friday 8th January, 2021.
Due to Epilepsy Foundation’s end of year closedown, it is anticipated that shortlisting and interviewing for NESS Worker will occur early in 2021 to facilitate an early February commencement.
The Epilepsy Foundation is an Equal Opportunity employer and a child safe organisation.